Get the Latest News on Contingent Workforce Regulatory Updates
POSTED BY PRO UNLIMITED | 2019
Once again, PRO’s experts in the following departments: Legal, HR, Contractor Compliance Services, Immigration, and Client Payroll Operations have published this quarter’s U.S. and Global Regulatory Newsletters. These are meant to provide a learning and informational opportunity for those professionals wanting to stay on top of the latest regulatory topics here in the U.S. and around the world.
In this quarter’s edition, we highlight the following topics:
- - Independent Contractor Compliance, Employment Law, Immigration and Payroll
- - Global trends and events in Hungary, Australia, Romania, Taiwan, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Mexico and Singapore
Readers can take a deeper dive in each of these sections and find much more detail, including:
- - The legislative conflict over determining employment status using the “ABC” test
- - Continued expansion of information-sharing efforts between state and federal agencies
- - A high-profile case of misclassified independent contractors
- - State-specific decisions on inclusion, workplace harassment, regulating employees’ personal affairs, transgender stereotyping
- - A return to a broader definition of “independent contractor” under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)
- - H-1B vase case reforms and Labor Condition Application Form updates
- - Changes and updates to overtime work increases, post-termination payout requirements, pension contribution increases, and tax-free allowances on the global stage
- - Multi-country minimum wage increases
- - Employment Act changes that impact half a million employees in Singapore
- - Brexit and Good Work Plan 2018 updates, and more
Download your copies of the full newsletters.
If you’re interested in learning more about how PRO is helping organizations implement winning contingent workforce programs globally, please contact a PRO representative at 800.291.1099 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: The content in this blog post is for informational purposes only and cannot be construed as specific legal advice or as a substitute for legal advice. The blog post reflects the opinion of PRO Unlimited and is not to be construed as legal solutions and positions. Contact an attorney for specific advice and guidance for specific issues or questions.