Here is Part 4 of our blog series on “Innovations in Vendor Management Systems (VMS).” The Sourcing Industry Group (SIG) held a briefing with PRO’s Ted Sergott, Executive Vice President of Product Development about our VMS, Wand. Below is SIG’s assessment of Wand; specifically in the areas of Preferred Talent, Analytics, and Mobile.
We will be closing out our series with Part 5 this week! In case you missed any of the other posts including Part 1, Part 2, and/or Part 3 be sure to give them a read.
Advances in Preferred Talent, Analytics, and Mobile Technology
- The PRO “YS Talent Network” is a client-specific talent pool containing self-identified, client-approved workers. Managers invite workers to their Talent Network by sending them an email with a link to the portal. The Worker logs on, uploads their resume which is parsed into a profile. They can edit their profile and add appropriate information such as availability, rates, and prior work history at the client.
- Once approved as a potential candidate, the candidate can search and apply for contingent labor jobs just as the hiring manager can search the YS Talent Network for top candidates. These freelancers appear as potential candidates during the Create Request process. When searching, a hiring manager is shown these individuals along with their cost savings as compared to supplier candidates.
- Interview scheduling is performed between the candidate and manager through the application. On/Offboarding dashboards are provided showing the status of every candidate in the process. The candidates provide desired rates and managers can post a rate range if desired. Any negotiations are performed by the MSP or hiring manager.
- The PRO platform leverages advanced BI features for both tactical and strategic decision making. Key features include: 1) Wand’s MRM, the real-time market rate module embedded into the Create Request workflow (unlike PRO’s competitors), 2) the Wand Discovery BI platform, the view designed for executives, sponsors or their delegates, 3) PRO’s exclusive SAM (Strategy, Analytics, and Metrics) package, the support from a named analyst provided to the Client to build customized dashboards. These SAM analysts have vertical-specific expertise and engage the Client’s C-suite and their delegates to understand their key business drivers. Predictive & Prescriptive Analytics are provided in dashboards by leveraging the underlying data and algorithms and are served concierge-style to these key leaders.
- Examples include global Total Talent Management as well as PRO’s recommendation on the location of a Client’s IT division. The Wand platform contains numerous dashboards and reports out-of-the-box. Users can create customized reports using any data. Reports can be scheduled and shared. Wand provides industry-specific benchmarks for key data including rates by role by location, time-to-fill, length of service, and many other metrics.
- PRO’s Wand Mobile’s 100% native apps have an extensive list of features with hundreds of screens. Swiping, tapping, typing, and speaking are all utilized. Hiring managers can view their entire workforce from their phone and easily see all their action items from the home screen. With a swipe or tap on the device’s glass, they can approve time/expense, overtime, headcount, project billing, and SOW Change Orders and also provide feedback on resources that are concluding engagements. Managers can review, rate and compare candidates and perform interview scheduling. The Market Rate Module is also integrated into the Mobile Experience allowing the hiring manager to see the corresponding market rate for every candidate they review. Managers can personalize their experience by adding a photo and configuring their notifications. To make the most out of the features, Help on Wand Mobile displays a video.
- Managers can review, rate and compare candidates and perform interview scheduling. The Market Rate Module is also integrated into the Mobile Experience allowing the hiring manager to see the corresponding market rate for every candidate they review. Managers can personalize their experience by adding a photo and configuring their notifications. To make the most out of the features, Help on Wand Mobile displays a video. Workers also get a wonderful, user-friendly app. One of the favorite features is the short-cut for time submittal, “Copy from Previous Week”. Workers can also add time by day, hours, or minutes by utilizing the native controls on their device.
- Expenses are made easier with the ability to use their in-phone camera to take pictures of receipts and submit directly to Wand Mobile. Workers have the ability to reply and re-submit rejected timecards and can easily review their time sheet history. Just like Managers, Workers can personalize their experience by adding a photo and configuring notifications. Users download the Wand Mobile apps from Apple Stores and Google Play Stores. Anybody can download the app but it is only viable if you are a PRO Client or an approved user. Wand deployed a responsive, mobile app in 2012 but moved to the 100% native app in April, 2014. Success is measured by PRO’s public rating in the Apple and Google Stores, ratings and awards from Analysts such as Gartner, and the direct feedback from users. Wand Mobile is the highest-rated VMS app in the industry, having won four awards including the Gartner Cool Vendor Award.
If you or a member of your team would benefit from a further discussion or a demo of Wand, please contact a PRO representative at 800.291.1099 or email at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: The content in this blog post is for informational purposes only and cannot be construed as specific legal advice or as a substitute for legal advice. The blog post reflects the opinion of PRO Unlimited and is not to be construed as legal solutions and positions. Contact an attorney for specific advice and guidance for specific issues or questions.