Your Guide to Understanding the Balanced Labour Market Act
With the Dutch Senate’s recent approval of The Balanced Labour Market Act, or WAB, the Netherlands brings contingent worker benefits into focus. As this new law promises to significantly alter employment practices across the country, employers and contingent labor providers must act accordingly before it comes into effect on January 1, 2020.
- A new ground for dismissal to justify termination
- Mandated transition allowance requirements
- Probation periods expansion
- Contingent worker unemployment insurance contribution increases
- Fixed-term contract limitations
- New temporary worker type definition
- New payroll agreements
Ready to find out more about WAB and how impacted organizations should take action before the new year? Complete the form to download the white paper!