PRO Unlimited’s Regulatory Newsletter – August 2020
PRO’s quarterly Regulatory Newsletter (August 2020) is now available! The newsletter touches on the latest events in labor markets around the world and is built by experts from our Legal, HR, Contractor Compliance Services, Immigration, and Client Payroll Operations teams.
U.S. Regulatory Topics include:
- - New Jersey’s mandatory misclassification posters for all worksites
- - The Pennsylvania Supreme Court’s clarification of a two-pronged test for independent contractor (IC) classification to ensure they are engaged with multiple clients
- - Four new laws on Independent Contractors in Virginia focused on giving broader power to regulating agencies
- - Classification of rideshare drivers as employees versus independent contractors under California’s AB 5 legislation
- - US Supreme Court’s ruling on LGBTQ employees’ right to Title VII protections
- - COVID-related guidance from the EEOC, Department of Labor and the CDC
- - COVID-related remote work guidance on payroll tax withholdings
- - U.S. immigration restrictions and state-specific paid sick leave benefit updates
International regulatory topics include:
- - The implementation of the EU Posted Workers Directive (PWD) in Germany and Belgium
- - Paid parental leave changes in the Netherlands
- - New remote work regulations in Spain
- - Employer rental contributions for involuntarily remote work and the Federal Act on Gender Equality (GEA) in Switzerland
- - A cleared path to implementation of IR35 on April 6, 2021 in the U.K.
- - Statutory maternity leave changes in Hong Kong
- - New requirements for employment agencies from The Ministry of Manpower in Singapore
Download the newsletter today!